You know you’re raising a child of the ‘Digital Age’ when…
* Your 2 year old has their own iPhone/iPad/iPod
* The gift of choice for kids’ parties is an iTunes voucher
* You take your iPad/iPhone everywhere in case your child is bored/frustrated/content/behaving/misbehaving/sitting still/running around…
* Your toddler knows how to work the shortcuts on your iPad better than you do
* You have an entire screen on your iPhone dedicated to kids apps
* Your toddler knows how to unlock your phone, find said screen and work every app like a pro
* You tell your child to go read a book so they pull out the iPad and open iBooks
* You have 4 remote controls and your 2 year old knows which one works Apple TV, normal TV, Foxtel and the DVD player
* “Phone” and “Computer” are 2 of the first 20 words in your toddler’s vocabulary
And my favourite that occurred in my house…
* You observe your 2 year old trying to teach your 4 month old how to work an iPhone by taking their little hand and moving it across the screen. PRICELESS.
‘As Katie Sees It’ is written by our guest blogger Kate Filipovic – wife and mother of two Mr R 10 and Ms H 8. She is an accredited Thermal Performance Assessor focusing on sustainable home design and studied Interior Design. She never leaves after a coffee at my house without moving a vase, a cushion or furniture of some kind!